Inspired by the work of our civil society partners who analyze and monitor budget documents to find information on sector spending, IBP implemented a pilot assessment of budget transparency in the health and education sectors alongside the OBS 2019. While the resources on this page focus on education and health, the trends and gaps in transparency are also likely relevant to most, if not all, sectors supported by public spending.
- BLOG: Devil in the details? Budget Transparency in the Health and Education Sectors
- FULL REPORT: Assessing sector budget transparency
- METHODOLOGY: An explanation of the questions and the response options
- KEY FINDINGS and RECOMMENDATIONS
- Watch this webinar on the sector transparency pilot.
- PSAM: Health Sector Budget Transparency in South Africa and the 2019 Open Budget Survey
- UNICEF: Budgeting for a better future, for every child
- A presentation from the government of Benin