July 2019 | By Carlene van der Westhuizen with Teboho Tsietsi and Albert van Zyl, International Budget Partnership South Africa
This edition of Metro Budget Notes reviews the South African Auditor General’s findings on local governments for 2017/18 from the perspective of informal settlement residents in metropolitan municipalities.
- Nothing About Us Without Us: An Informal Settlement Perspective on the 2017/18 Audit Findings for Metropolitan Municipalities (July 2019)
- Systemic Challenges Facing the Procurement of Outsourced Basic Services for Informal Settlements in South Africa (December 2018)
- How Much Does Government Spend on Informal Settlement Upgrading in South Africa? An Analysis of Four Cities’ Budgets (July 2017)
- How Much Money is Allocated to Informal Settlement Upgrading in the City of Cape Town’s Draft Budget for 2017/2018? (April 2017)
- How are Upgrades to Informal Settlements Financed in South Africa’s Metropolitan Municipalities? (March 2017)