This page highlights IBP Kenya’s work on the division of revenue between Kenya’s national and county governments, as well as our analysis and recommendations related to Kenya’s formula for sharing revenue among both levels of government.
In 2014 IBP Kenya engaged in a number of activities to inform the wider public about Kenya’s revenue sharing formula and influence the decision making process. Visit our Revenue Sharing Formula Work page to learn more.
Memorandums, Media Statements, & Press Coverage
- Joint Memorandum to the Senate on the Division of Revenue 2019/20 (April 2019)
IBP Kenya and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) jointly presented this memo on the Division of Revenue Bill 2019 to the Kenyan Senate.
- IBP Kenya Memorandum to the Commission on Revenue Allocation: Issues, Analysis and Recommendations Related to the Third Formula for Revenue Sharing Among Counties in Kenya (April 2018)
- IBP Kenya Memorandum to the Senate on the County Allocation of Revenue Bill, 2018 (May 2018)
- IBP Kenya Memorandum to the Senate Division of Revenue, 2018/19 (May 2018)
- IBP Kenya Memorandum to the Senate on the County Wards Development Equalization Fund Bill, 2018 (May 2018)
For older media statements and articles, visit our archive »
Research and Analysis
- How Much Should Counties in Kenya Receive in 2018/19? (April 2018)
- How Fair are Revenue Sharing Mechanisms in Fighting Intra-County Inequalities in Kenya? (April 2018)
For older research and analysis, visit our archive »
Resources and Tools
- IBP Kenya Division of Revenue Forum Analysis Presentation by John Kinuthia (Presentation, March 2016)
- IBP Kenya Division of Revenue Forum Revenue Sharing Between National and County Governments for FY 2016/17 Presentation by Commissioner Rose Osoro (Presentation, March 2016)